THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Anniversary and Leadville Train




Ryan wowed me on our anniversary with a nice camera to capture our moments. While I have since misplaced it (I did not throw away the silver camera), you can see my first pics with the camera. Dogs and kids, of course. And the trusty picture of a dinner date around our anniversary and I can still fit into my wedding dress (YAY!).

As you can see from the above pictures, Eban has really gotten into Legos. They are a huge motivator for him and keep him busy. I'm impressed with his prowess and ability to follow the directions without help from us. This skill continues to amaze me.

Grandpa, as you know, loves trains. He has been wanting to take the boys up to Leadville on this historical train. Finally, to celebrate kindergarten and to also take in some of Colorados' activities, we headed up to Leadville, Colorado, to hop on board the Leadville train. It was a cute little ride through the mountains and the conductor talked about the mines and how the train came to be. The scenery was stellar and the boys were just bonkers on the train. They wanted to run and explore so being confined wasn't too easy on them (thus us as well).




















After our excursion, we drove down and hit up the infamous Beau Jo's Pizza where they ate the pizza which has honey as a dipping sauce for the thick crust.